Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Meet the 2023 Teaching Assistants!

Anne B. ‘23 | Industrial & Labor Relations 

Hello again! To give a re-introduction, my name is Anne and I am a senior studying ILR with minors in law & society and inequality studies. I was a participant in the 2020 GSL program and I was the TA for the 2022 GSL program and am so excited to be helping out with the pre-departure course for this 2023 GSL program! I have been incredibly grateful to have learned so much from SVYM and its community My previous projects were twofold: first, working on a grievance procedure, and second, working on an educational video regarding Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. In the future, I hope to pursue a career in labor and employment law. Being a part of SVYM has been a significant inspiration and source of empowerment for me during my undergrad, and I am fortunate to be able to continue partnering with them for this upcoming summer!

Shruthisri (Sri) R. ‘25 | Industrial & Labor Relations 

Namaskara! My name is Sri, and I am a sophomore in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations with minors in Leadership and Law & Society. This past summer, I participated in the 2022 GSL program and had the pleasure of working with the Human Resources Department at SVYM. Under the mentorship of Ms. Cauvery and Dr. Vishwas, my project focused on understanding the influence of organizational culture on employee satisfaction and retention. While virtual, my experience left me with much gratitude for all I learned and the relationships I built with my mentors and peers. 

I am honored and excited to have the opportunity to continue my association with this program and serve as a TA this year! Looking forward to working with the GSL team and SVYM!

Hanni W. ‘22 | Industrial & Labor Relations 

Namaskaram, my name is Hanni, and I am a recent graduate of the ILR School. I participated in the 2019 GSL Program during my freshman year. I worked with two other Cornell students to help female tribal self-help groups in Kenchanahalli market their products online. My time in India and with SVYM was rewarding and transformative. I’m so honored and excited to be returning as a TA! 

I am currently working as a ghostwriter for an arbitrator and trying to establish a career as a professional neutral in arbitration and mediation. I am also passionate about social enterprises that empower individuals to lead more sustainable and informed lives. In my free time, I’m an avid reader, love to run, and am a reluctant nature enthusiast. In a couple of years, I plan to apply to graduate school in business management and law, but in the meantime, I can be found crashing on my parents' couch in Montana or galavanting around the globe while working digitally.